For most people, the only thing that keeps them from enjoying summer is the extreme heat. But to be honest, there’s no reason the exorbitantly high temperatures won’t prevent people from enjoying all the great things this season has to offer.
Even if you don’t have a lot of money to buy an air conditioning system or a personal assistant to fan you with palm fronds, there are loads of ways to stay cool during hot weather even if it is the balmiest, sweatiest, and downright miserable summer that you have ever experienced.
If you find yourself incapable of having fun at a summer wedding or shuddering at the thought of a summer vacation, there’s nothing to worry about. Implementing these tips can make your body a real air conditioner.
Tips to Keep Cool in Hot Weather
If you are thinking about how you should be staying cool during the summer months, here are some of the proven strategies that you can implement into your lifestyle to make a huge difference.
- Stay Hydrated: Hydration is the key when the body tries to maintain homeostasis. While unattractive at times, sweating is the body’s way of cooling people down. In contrast to popular belief, while ice water is the safest way to cool the body down, things like herbal energy drink and teas can also help cool down to quite an extent.
Popular beverages like health drinks by Sipwise can act as energy boosters to your body and help you keep cool on hot days. Their What If herb coolers can help you keep cool on hot days. These are available in different flavours which can instantly make you fall in love with their taste! Well, it is better to have any liquid than no liquid.
However, be careful not to drink coffee too often as it is a diuretic and has dehydrating effects; instead, switch to herbal drinks or herb coolers in order to bring back that energy.
- Eat Spicy Food: There is a big reason why spicy food is popular in hot weather. It turns out that consuming something hot is a good way to cool off. Capsaicin, the ingredient in chili peppers that make food spicy, binds to pain receptors in people’s mouths.
In response, the brain intercepts this as heat, which causes people to sweat, which then helps cool their bodies down. The amazing thing is that you can do all of this without increasing your body temperature. So this is a creative way to cool off when it’s hot outside. And what’s better than a spicy meal followed by cooling herbal drinks like the Digestion What If herb cooler by Sipwise?
- Wear Loose and Light Clothes: Do you know that dark colours trap more heat than light colours? Let us say the rule still applies when it comes to clothing and sticking to white (or any other light-coloured) clothing that will make you feel a lot cooler during a heatwave.
Light is also the way to go when it comes to the material and fit of their clothes. Loose-fitting shorts, t-shirts, or dresses made from linen or cotton feel a lot airier than something tight-fitting and made from denim.
- Put Your Bedding or Clothes in the Freezer: We had suggestions ranging from light-coloured clothes to herbal energy drinks. But the takeaway message is that it is great to pack and pop your clothes in your refrigerator. Bedding and pyjamas are a You should try to put your clothes or bedding in your refrigerator.
And yes, you should make sure all of them are wrapped in plastic bags. Otherwise, they might pick up the smell of everything else stored in the freezer.
- Eat Water-Rich Food: As stated in the first point, dehydration is a quick way to overheat in the summer. So, you should sneak into the water as wisely as possible. Again, popular herbal cooling drinks like the De-stressing What If herb cooler by Sipwise can help you de-stress as well as keep you cool from ins
Seasonal foods like cantaloupes, cucumbers, and watermelons are high in water content. It is also easy to digest, does not require cooking, and is tastier in the summer months than in any other season. That said, these foods are the best bet for the summer months.
- Wet Your Curtains: Water the curtains or hang sheets on the Leave windows open to allow fresh air to pass through damp curtains or sheets. In addition, the wind blowing through damp curtains or sheets helps cool the indoor air.
This is one of the easiest ways to add fresh cool air to people’s rooms and keep it cool in the summer.
- Use Light Bedding: It’s hard to get a good night’s sleep when it’s hot and sweaty. If the air conditioner doesn’t work, you toss and turn all night to stay comfortable. When the air conditioner is not working, use a lightweight cotton sheet that allows air to pass through to get a good night’s sleep.
On hot nights, you may want to throw out the duvet entirely as all you need is a sheet. However, keep a light blanket handy in case it gets a little chilly at night since they might want to cover themselves up.
If you follow these tips mentioned above, you can enjoy the summer months better without suffering from the extreme heat. However, the easy-to-drink cooling herbal beverages can keep you feeling fresh during any time of the day. So, make sure to follow these tips and hacks during the heatwave.