There is a revolution sweeping the health and wellness industries and starting to dominate the shelves of high street stores and online retailers alike; the product the buzz is all about is CBD oil. This naturally occurring remedy is the subject of a continuing and an increasing number of scientific studies that are finding there are significant benefits available to the sufferers of a wide range of illnesses and mental health disorders. CBD oil is on sale in the form of many different products, and its use is on a meteoric rise. We’ll investigate what this product is, its various guises and who can gain some relief from using it.
The CBD Oil Basics
CBD, or to give its full name Cannabidiol is one of over a hundred naturally occurring compounds in the host Cannabis plant, don’t be alarmed; CBD oil contains either very little or none at all of the psychoactive elements found in the plant, so it won’t make you high. Once extracted from the Cannabis plant, it is combined with a plant oil such as coconut or palm oil to form the finished product; then manufactured into a wealth of different products, including oral tinctures and CBD e-liquids.
The Different Types of CBD Oil
There are various types of CBD oil in use today; they have different make-ups and contain different combinations of compounds and concentrations; the three main types are as follows –
- Full Spectrum – this includes all parts of the Cannabis plant but must contain less than 0.3% of the psychoactive compound THC to be legal for sale.
- Broad Spectrum – this type contains all the compounds of the host plant except THC.
- Isolate – this form is pure CBD with no other parts of the Cannabis plant.
Case studies are continuing, but currently, no one form of CBD has been found to be more potent than the others; having chosen to use CBD oil, experimentation with the different types and their effects is advisable.
The Range of Available Products
CBD oil is now available in many different products; they fall into five main categories: oils and tinctures, edibles, capsules, topicals and vape liquids. CBD oil is most easily absorbed by direct contact with the skin; products swallowed take longer as they are dissolved by stomach acid before being absorbed. Let’s take a further look at the different products –
- CBD oils & tinctures – taken by placing under the tongue, fast-acting.
- Edibles – gummies, sweets, or other flavoured edible products.
- Capsules – taken as pills or soft gels.
- Topicals – many creams, lotions, and oils.
- Vape liquids – CBD infused liquids used with a vape device.
Who Can Benefit?
As the amount of available evidence increases, CBD oil continues to gain momentum. The range of illnesses also affected increases; sufferers of many illnesses may find relief in using CBD. These include –
- CBD oil may relieve chronic pain for arthritis and Multiple Sclerosis illnesses.
- Affects the symptoms of many mental health disorders, from anxiety and insomnia to PTSD and depression.
- May alleviate cancer treated related problems like nausea, vomiting and pain.
- CBD oil might benefit heart health, lower blood pressure, and increase arterial function.
- Has the ability to treat neurological disorders such as epilepsy and MS.
This list is by no means full and complete. Please take some time to fully investigate if you or a loved one has an illness that might benefit. I hope this information has piqued your interest, and if only one person who is suffering can find relief, then this article will have done its job.